There are various benefits and reasons for owning a backyard cabin. This is a home which is away from your home and yet it is still in your own backyard. There are numerous benefits associated with the backyard cabins. They can be bought at a price which is even lesser than a small car. They are a good form of investment for which you can avail different finance options. Moreover, these cabins generally fit everyone’s budget and they can be used for quiet space, for a studio, for extra space in the house. These cabins can be used to house guests so that they are independent at the same time they feel they are part of the family.
- There are different kinds of these backyard cabins such as a space pod where you have a double-wall-bed which is not seen in the day but which can be folded out at night.
- There are those designed like granny flats
- There are those that are like rolling cabins which were used in the olden days and had to be driven by horses.
- There are garden studios which have sloping roofs and large windows
- There are custom built and custom finished economical and portable cabins
- There are the stylish and simple canella studio cabins which can be furnished with a deck and pergolas
- There are Milan cabins which are made from converted shipping containers. These even have lattices for the decks
Reasons why people opt for the backyard cabins:
- They perhaps are unable to afford regular housing and with the prices of real estate skyrocketing, they do not mind staying at one of these smaller accommodations. This particularly holds good for young adults who are venturing out of their parents home for the first time or couples who are just starting out their lives together. When they stay in these backyard cabins, they can save up enough for the down payment on their house. backyard granny flats are built with long-lasting functionality in mind to get much return in investment.
- These backyard cabins are cheaper to maintain, decorate and even to heat or cool and so utility bills are much lesser. The furniture needed too is much lesser and yet the house looks cozy even with the minimalistic furniture.
- Environmentalists embrace this as the carbon footprint is decreased and waste generation as well as greenhouse gas emission is much lesser as well.
- Most of these cabins usually are made with treated timber and so the lifetime is increased of the timber used. High quality timber leads to less maintenance cost as these cabins are not affected by termite and rust. As these are made with interlocking systems, the builders can assemble these in a very short period of time.
- There is no internal wall lining needed for the wood structures and thus it saves the home owner both time and money as well.
The backyard cabins are durable as well as sustainable and stylish yet they are affordable. They increase the value of the home and when the home owner decides to sell the house, he or she finds that he or she can get a much better price for it than if the house did not have a backyard cabin.
These cabins can even be listed on travel networks or rental sites and especially if it is near the urban hotspots, the guests will want to stay there as they will have the amenities needed and yet feel at home.
These can have a nature infused design so that becomes like a private sanctuary and a place to distress and detox.